Thursday, June 4, 2009

The ripple effect of GM bankruptcy

We received a press release today announcing that Bob Thomas Car Company in Bend is losing its Chevrolet franchise.

Bob Thomas Car Company announced today that the appeal filed with General Motors to allow Bob Thomas to retain the Chevrolet and Cadillac franchises has been denied. To the best of company’s knowledge, no appeals submitted by dealers in the region have been successful.

The Bend dealership is reviewing the Wind-Down Agreement the company received from GM yesterday, which would allow the dealership to sell their remaining Chevrolet and Cadillac inventory over the course of the next seven (7) to fifteen (15) months.


I talked to the Bob Thomas service department this morning, asking about service on my extended warranty on my Chevrolet Silverado. The word: Once they’ve sold their inventory, I’ll have to go to Madras or Portland for warranty service.
That’s a shame. I always got good service there. I don’t know what the impact will be on jobs, but there’s sure to be one.

Jim Cornelius, Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment